Venue: Cathkin Braes
Location: Cathkin Braes Country Park, Cathkin Road, Glasgow, G45
Dates of competitions: 29 July 2014
Event Cycling: Mountain Bike
The venue will be accessible to spectators 90 minutes before each session begins. Spectators are reminded that they should allow extra time to enter the venue as security checks for all spectators will take place upon entry.
The transport network around the country park is expected to be particularly busy at the beginning and end of each session. Please allow plenty of time for your journey and follow any travel advice you are given on the day of your event.
Travel routes and options will be different to those of non-Games Time, so if you have previously visited Cathkin Braes, please check your usual method of travel is still available and follow Games Time advice.
- Come and enjoy the buzz and excitement of Scotland’s biggest sporting and cultural festival, with up to one million Games spectators expected in the city along with a further 400,000 visitors there to enjoy Festival 2014 and other activities.
- The best ways to get to Cathkin Braes are; by cycling, or by public transport.
- There is no parking at Cathkin Braes Mountain Bike Trails, with the exception of a limited number of spaces for Blue Badge holders, who must book in advance.
- On-street parking in the area surrounding Cathkin Braes Mountain Bike Trails is restricted for use by residents and businesses only. There are no set-down/pick-up areas for private vehicles.
- Public transport and provisions for walkers and cyclists will be enhanced throughout Glasgow during Games Time.
- On the day for which it is valid, your event ticket will entitle you to access ScotRail services, Subway services and the majority of local bus services in the area (G1 to G8 of SPT Zonecard). Details are available in our Public Transport section.
- If you have to drive, there are a limited number of spaces at Park and Ride sites serving some venues, but please book early as you will not find a space on the day. This is a chargeable service.
- Glasgow will be busy, to minimise delays and disruption to your journey at Games Time, you are advised to plan ahead and allow plenty of time for travelling.
Plan your journey using the new version of the Traveline Scotland App.
For more information and to plan your journey visit our transport section.
To receive the latest transport news, please follow us on twitter @GamesTravel2014