Venue: Kelvingrove Lawn Bowls Centre
Location: Kelvingrove Park Bowling Green, Kelvin Way, Glasgow
Dates of competitions: 24 July–1 August 2014
Event: Lawn Bowls
The Kelvingrove Lawn Bowls Centre will open to spectators 75 minutes before each session begins. Spectators are reminded that they should allow extra time to enter the venue as security checks for all spectators will take place upon entry.
The Pedestrian Screening Area (PSA) for this venue will be located on the north side of the Kelvingrove Lawn Bowls Centre on Kelvin Way and should be approached from University Avenue or Kelvingrove Street via Kelvingrove Park.
The transport network around the venue will be extremely busy particularly at the beginning and end of each session. Please allow plenty of time for your journey and follow any travel advice you are given on the day of your event.
Travel routes and options will be different to those of non-Games Time so if you have previously visited Kelvingrove Lawn Bowls Centre please check your usual method of travel is still available and follow games time advice.
Hints and Tips:
- Come and enjoy the buzz and excitement of Scotland’s biggest sporting and cultural festival. With up to one million Games spectators expected in the city, along with a further 400,000 visitors there to enjoy Festival 2014 and other activities.
- Glasgow is a compact city, so one of the best ways to get to the Lawn Bowls Centre is by walking and cycling or public transport.
- There is no parking at the Lawn Bowls Centre, with the exception of a limited number of spaces for Blue Badge holders who must book in advance.
- On-street parking in the area surrounding the Lawn Bowls Centre is restricted for use by residents and businesses only. There are no set-down/pick-up areas for private vehicles.
- Public transport and provisions for walkers and cyclists will be enhanced throughout Glasgow during Games Time.
- On the day for which it is valid, your event ticket will entitle you to access ScotRail services, Subway services and the majority of local bus services in the area (G1 to G8 of SPT Zonecard). Details are available in our Public Transport section.
- It may be easier to walk back after your event as public transport from the Lawn Bowls Centre will be busy.
- Glasgow will be busy, to minimise delays and disruption to your journey at Games Time, you are advised to plan ahead and allow extra time for travelling.
- Plan your journey using the new version of the Traveline Scotland App.
- For more information and to plan your journey visit our transport section.
- To receive the latest transport news, please follow us on twitter @GamesTravel2014