Venue: SECC Precinct
Location: Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, SSE Hydro and Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow
Dates of competitions: 24 July–3 August 2014
Event: Gymnastics, Boxing, Judo, Netball, Wrestling and Weightlifting/Powerlifting
The venues in the SECC Precinct will open to spectators between 60 and 90 minutes before each session begins. If you arrive earlier, your ticket won’t be valid for entry.
Spectators are reminded that they should allow extra time to enter the venue as security checks for all spectators will take place upon arrival.
There will be no access from the existing covered walkway joining Exhibition Centre Station and the SECC Precinct.
If you’re attending an event within one of the SECC Halls, check your ticket to ensure that you’re entering via the correct doorway.
You may have to queue outside the venue for some sessions – in this instance, please follow instructions from staff.
The transport network around the venue will be extremely busy particularly at the beginning and end of each session. Please allow plenty of time for your journey and follow any travel advice you are given on the day of your event.
Travel routes and options will be different to those of non-Games Time so if you have previously visited the SECC Precinct please check your usual method of travel is still available and follow Games Time advice.
Hints and tips to enjoy your journey to see the action:
- Come and enjoy the buzz and excitement of Scotland’s biggest sporting and cultural festival. With up to one million spectators expected in the city along with a further 400,000 visitors there to enjoy Festival 2014 and other activities.
- Glasgow is a compact city, so one of the best ways to get to the SECC Precinct is by walking and cycling or public transport.
- There is no parking at the SECC Precinct, with the exception of a limited number of spaces for Blue Badge holders who must book in advance.
- On-street parking in the area surrounding the SECC Precinct is restricted for use by residents and businesses only. There are no set-down/pick-up areas for private vehicles.
- Public transport and provisions for walkers and cyclists will be enhanced throughout Glasgow during Games Time.
- On the day for which it is valid, your event ticket will entitle you to use many rail, bus and Subway services in Glasgow, within the G1 to G8 zones of the SPT ZoneCard. Details are available in our Public Transport section.
- It may be easier to walk back after your event as public transport from the SECC Precinct will be busy.
- Glasgow will be busy, to minimise delays and disruption to your journey at Games Time, you are advised to plan ahead and allow plenty of time for travelling.
- Plan your journey using the new version of the Traveline Scotland App.
- For more information and to plan your journey visit our transport section.
- To receive the latest transport news, please follow us on twitter @GamesTravel2014